Pages

Monday, June 11, 2012

The Refugee Who Rocked Islam: Ayaan Hirsi Ali, Islamic World News, NewAgeIslam.com

Islamic World News
The Refugee Who Rocked Islam: Ayaan Hirsi Ali

It said Van Gogh had been "executed" for making a film with her that exposed the widespread abuse of Muslim women. Now she would be "executed" too, for being an apostate. Even now, "Every time I close my eyes, I see the murder, and I hear Theo pleading for his life," she says. "'Can't we talk about this?' he asked his killer. It was so Dutch, so sweet and innocent." At the trial, Bouyeri spat at Van Gogh's mother: "I don't feel your pain. I don't have any sympathy for you. I can't feel for you because I think you're a non-believer."

This is the story of how a 25 year-old bogus asylum seeker from Africa came to Europe in search of freedom - only to be nearly murdered here by a Dutchman, on the streets of Amsterdam, for speaking out against religion. It opens in the blood-strewn streets of Somalia, and it closes in the shiny white marble of Washington D.C - yet it also ends where it began: with Ayaan's life in imminent, immediate danger. This is the story of the refugee who rocked Islam.

http://newageislam.com/the-refugee-who-rocked-islam--ayaan-hirsi-ali/islamic-world-news/d/1036


0 comments: