Pages

Thursday, May 24, 2012

Rajasthan Chief Minister Vasundhara Raje on coping with Terrorism, Interview, NewAgeIslam.com

Interview
Rajasthan Chief Minister Vasundhara Raje on coping with Terrorism

'It makes no sense... If the Centre can allow an anti-terror law in Maharashtra, why not in Rajasthan?'

ON THE RECORD

Posted online: Tuesday, May 20, 2008


First of all, ours is a very peace-loving state. So for something like this to happen -- in Rajasthan -- is a huge shock, not just to me, but I think to the ordinary citizen also. I would say here that we have responded magnificently to this, whether it’s the government, the people, the professionals -- everybody has risen to the occasion. Nine blasts, one after the other, we actually saw this happen on Tuesday, May 13. I’m happy to say that the response has been terrific. I was in Jodhpur when I heard about it. I was back on the air force flight by 11:30 in the night. By the time I got to the hospital it was about 12 o’clock. Within 15 minutes of this happening, the people had been brought into hospital; the medical teams had swung into action. By 2 o’clock in the morning, all serious operations -- almost 24 of them -- had been performed. And the situation was almost under control.

http://newageislam.com/rajasthan-chief-minister-vasundhara-raje-on-coping-with-terrorism/interview/d/82


0 comments: