Pages

Thursday, May 31, 2012

Omar Abdullah: face of modern India, Islamic Personalities, NewAgeIslam.com

Islamic Personalities
Omar Abdullah: face of modern India
By Harihar Swarup

Then came the punch-line: “Until a few years ago, I was a part of the NDA and I was a minister with them. The same Left parties considered me as a political untouchable, and they considered me an outcast because I was a part of the NDA. Today, the same Left people are telling me that all secular parties must unite with the BJP to bring down the government………. (interruptions). I made a mistake of standing with them once. I did not resign on the question of Gujarat when my conscience told me to do so, and my conscience has still not forgiven me. I need not make that mistake again…”

A scion of one of the most distinguished families of Kashmir, 38-year-old Omar is the son of Farooq Abdullah and grandson of Sheikh Abdullah.

http://newageislam.com/omar-abdullah--face-of-modern-india/islamic-personalities/d/470


0 comments: