Pages

Thursday, May 31, 2012

Mohammed Omer: From triumph to torture, Islam and the West, NewAgeIslam.com

Islam and the West
Mohammed Omer: From triumph to torture
John Pilger | The Guardian
July 4, 2008

“I realized,” said Mohammed, “he was after the award stipend for the Martha Gellhorn prize. I told him I didn’t have it with me. ‘You are lying’, he said. I was now surrounded by eight Shin Bet officers, all armed. The man called Avi ordered me to take off my clothes. I had already been through an X-ray machine. I stripped down to my underwear and was told to take off everything. When I refused, Avi put his hand on his gun. I began to cry: ‘Why are you treating me this way? I am a human being.’ He said, ‘This is nothing compared with what you will see now.’ He took his gun out, pressing it to my head and with his full body weight pinning me on my side, he forcibly removed my underwear. He then made me do a concocted sort of dance. Another man, who was laughing, said, ‘Why are you bringing perfumes?’ I replied, ‘They are gifts for the people I love’. He said, ‘Oh, do you have love in your culture?’

http://newageislam.com/mohammed-omer--from-triumph-to-torture/islam-and-the-west/d/169


0 comments: