Pages

Sunday, May 27, 2012

An émigré from India running on an Anti-Sharia Platform for US Congress,

Islamic Sharia Laws
An émigré from India running on an Anti-Sharia Platform for US Congress
By Jamie Glazov
FrontPageMagazine.com | Tuesday, July 08, 2008

Kumar: I was born in Hyderabad, India, in 1954. I grew up there in India, in a conservative, middle-class family. I studied classics, political science, and philosophy. During the late 1970s, I was working in human resources for a European construction company, and that work took me to Iran. From 1977 to 1979 I witnessed, firsthand, the radical transformation of Iran from a modern nation to a repressed, fundamentalist state and it left a lasting impression on me. I suppose you could say that my anti-Sharia views began there.

The American way of life and its values resonated strongly with me. I emigrated here in 1979 and have been living in the Bellevue area of Nashville for twenty years. I’ve been raising a family and managing my own insurance business, and during it all I’ve been interested in politics.

Right now, our country is dealing with issues – issues like illegal immigration, healthcare reform, the War on Terror – that will shape our politics for the rest of this century. Like many Americans, I’ve grown to feel that the politicians of this country are simply not accomplishing anything on these fronts. As low as the President’s approval rating has gotten, the approval rating for Congress is even lower. So, as a concerned and informed citizen, I’ve decided to run for Congress and help put things on the right track. That’s what living in a democracy is all about.

http://newageislam.com/an-%C3%A9migr%C3%A9-from-india-running-on-an-anti-sharia-platform-for-us-congress---/islamic-sharia-laws/d/347



0 comments: